We share a collective interest in initiatives which will boost footfall and make our town more attractive and convenient, and would also like to work closely with existing organisations including Visit Harrogate and the Harrogate BID.
Our principal aims are:
- To lobby central government for a fairer ratings system through BIRA.
- To enlist support from BIRA and our members to influence some joined-up thinking by NYCC and HBC and discourage initiatives that have negative effects on town centre trading conditions e.g. high parking charges, vagrancy and tired streets.
- To work with Harrogate BID and encourage them to be truly representative of their levy payers by including independent retail businesses on their board.
- To increase footfall to our shops, cafés and restaurants – it’s our lifeblood.
- To work with other organisations and government to ensure there is a fairer playing field where both ‘online only’ businesses and bricks and mortar businesses can co-exist without one disadvantaging the other.
- Above all we want Harrogate to be different, vibrant and highly successful! We are at the heart of your town and online at independentharrogate.org